How much weight can I expect to lose drinking green smoothies?
Smoothie Question: How much weight can I expect to lose drinking green smoothies?
I've seen where people people mainly drink green smoothies all day long and lose weight really fast.
Weight loss could vary by quite a bit. How much extra weight do you carry on your body? The more weight that you have the more you will easily lose in the beginning.
Why do people lose weight with green smoothies?
There are a handful of different reasons for weight loss results with green smoothies.Reason #1
- Did you know that an average quart size green smoothie contains only between 200-350 calories? Considering that weight loss plans suggest about 1500 calories for the entire day, you could have several smoothies and still stay under your daily caloric limit.Reason #2
- Foods that are available to us today are greatly processed. Unfortunately, many of the nutrients are stripped away before it lands on your dinner plate.
You are still getting the calories, sugars, proteins, and some fiber. But many of the vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and phytonutrients that our bodies need to thrive are missing. So, our body craves more food in order to find those missing nutrients. But instead of eating something that will satisfy those cravings, we usually eat junk food. But an hour later we still crave more food.
This is where a green smoothie comes in handy. If you need a snack, turn on that blender. Greens are an excellent way to satisfy those nutritional cravings.
Even better yet... drink a green smoothie in place of a meal. Which runs into reason #3.Reason #3
- Consider this thought... When you are consuming something good for you, you probably are not consuming something bad at the same time. When people want to lose weight, I don't recommend them to focus on removing things from their diet.
I've found that it's much easier to
focus on adding healthy habits that will eventually replace the bad habits. There aren't many habits as healthy as adding green smoothies to your daily routine.
For instance... Picking up an expensive cappuccino and muffin on your way to work could be replaced with a green smoothie quite easily.
Or you can drink a green smoothie for supper instead of ordering fast food on those busy nights that you don't have time to cook at home.
How to lose weight with green smoothies?
I could write a whole book on this one question. But here are a couple tips to answer this question.Weight loss tip #1
- Drink at least 1 quart or 4 cups of green smoothie a day. I like drinking it for breakfast and throughout the morning. Then I eat eat a healthy and balanced lunch and dinner.Weight loss tip #2
- Make sure to limit high caloric foods in your smoothie. I recommend no more then 2 bananas in a smoothie for one person. Bananas are calorie dense.
Another calorie-packed ingredient that I see many people use is fruit juice. I prefer water. If you need the smoothie sweeter, you should consider using a little bit of stevia. Stevia contains no calories.
So... How much weight can I expect to lose drinking green smoothies?
From what I've seen with my friends and family, if you drink at least a quart of green smoothie you can lose at least 2-3 pounds a week. But it does depends on what you eat throughout the day as well.
As you nourish your body, you will find it easier to resist those monster cravings for sweets and salty junk food. This alone will help you shed those pounds.
You will not only experience weight loss, but you will probably also see other health benefits from green smoothies
What do you have to lose? Give green smoothies a try!